Log in


Benefits of Membership
Becoming a Certified Audubon Sanctuary saves members money and natural resources, according to the most recent survey of members of the Audubon Signature and Classic Programs.  Members considered operational costs, up front investments, and the importance of the program in marketing and promotion. Results include:

  • 90% of respondents reported that they believed annual maintenance and operations costs for their facility were either “lower than” or the “same as” the costs of an equivalent, non-Signature member golf course.

  • 43% of respondents felt that these operations and maintenance costs were actually lower due to their participation in the Signature Program.
  • 96% view their participation in the Signature Program as “a good business decision,” with the remaining 4% indicating that they “Don’t Know” at this time.
  • 63% of respondents stated that participation in the Signature Program, including up front monetary and staff investment in the program, has or will save money, as compared to a course designed, constructed, and managed without Audubon International assistance, with 20% of the remaining respondents stating that they “Don’t Know” at this time.
  • 90% stated that they believed the Certified Audubon Signature Sanctuary status earned through following the program guidelines has or will have value in marketing and promotional efforts.
Additional benefits of certification in the Signature and Classic programs include:

  • “Green appeal” marketing edge- Certified Audubon Signature properties have a market advantage in attracting the growing number of people looking for “green” developments in which to live and recreate.  Certification offers a distinct marketing edge over the competition–often supporting increased or faster sales, increased sales prices or member fees, and lower marketing and holding costs.

  • Operation and maintenance cost savings- Most members find that in achieving certification, they have learned and put into practice more cost-effective ways to develop and manage their properties, thus saving money, as well as natural resources.

  • Reduced risk- Following best management practices outlined in the NRMP reduces the risk of harm and potential liability from the use of hazardous materials and reduces the potential for on- and off-site pollution.  Reduced risks in turn lower insurance and worker’s compensation costs, potential for adverse regulatory action and harmful publicity, and lost worker time.

  • Recognition for environmental leadership- Certified Audubon Signature Sanctuaries gain local, national, and international recognition for leadership in environmental stewardship.  A certified Signature property stands as a model providing encouragement and good example for other landowners and managers, consultants, and the community at large to make future land management decisions based on the environment, not just the economic, values of the land.

  • Environmental protection and enhancement- Owners and managers of certified Audubon Signature properties can take great pride in doing their part to further sustainable resource management and protect and preserve the environment for this and future generations.

Powered by Wild Apricot. Try our all-in-one platform for easy membership management